If you can attend only one writers’ conference this year, why should the Maranatha Christian Writers’ Conference be the one?
This conference recognizes the rapidly changing nature of today’s publishing world, and equips you to prosper in it. This year’s theme, “Let’s Celebrate!” allows us to reflect on our 40 year history, see all the changes that have taken place, and be prepared for the newest trends in the publishing world.
- Gone are the days when you can simply search for a publishing house to partner with you and expect them to do everything except the writing itself. In today’s economy, publishers have neither the staff nor the budget to do as much for you. You’ll have to do more yourself—so you need to understand the process and be prepared to do the work. It’s Time to take action! You will meet many experts in the field of publishing, and have the opportunity to chat with them face-to-face as well as learning in a group setting.
- Our program is second to none, and offers a number of sessions you’ll experience nowhere else:
- Keynote speakers that will address felt needs and current events. Saundra Aldrich (founder of the conference 40 years ago) and Doc Hensley will inspire and instruct and will leave you with tangible tools to use as you move to the next level as a Christian writer.
- General Sessions and group activities that cover changing trends and new opportunities.
- One-on-one consultations with a wide variety of industry professionals, including, for an extra fee, a longer paid consultation in the area of Social Media.
- A opportunity for interaction with the experts with 1st Page Peer Critiquing.
- A choice of twenty-four one-hour workshops by industry professionals on a wide variety of subjects crucial to your success.
- Throughout, you’ll benefit from the expertise of Somersault, a publishing services bureau led by experienced industry professionals and dedicated to helping the entire publishing industry adjust to the tsunami of changes in the publishing world. Let our substantial years of Christian publishing experience help you find your place in today’s world of publishing!
Be sure to check the faculty page to see who’ll be speaking and teaching. We’re bringing in the best! And don’t forget the incredible setting at Maranatha, right on lovely Lake Michigan. Be sure to take time, during the conference, to stroll down to the beach, kick off your shoes, and stroll on miles of unspoiled and nearly empty beaches!